Thursday 30 January 2014

Reference Shots


For our 'Computer Games Modelling' module, we are assigned the task of creating a construction vehicle and a diorama to place the vehicle in. The constraints for the vehicle is a poly-count of 6000 for the vehicle itself and 1000 for the diorama. Other constraints include using our own textures, 1024 x 1024 texture size and presenting it in 'Unreal Development Kit'. For the reference shots I went out to a 'JCB' dealership and took photos of a 'Teletruk'. The vehicle itself is flexible in its purpose as it can attach multi-purpose components which I will consider including in the model depending on how well I optimise it. To do this I will refer to the other photographs I took while at the dealership. The photographs themselves are helpful as they allow me to create image planes within Maya to guide me whilst modelling. They also help me with the scale of the model. 








No comments:

Post a Comment