Friday 21 March 2014

Vehicle Texture

For the texturing part of the vehicle, I opted for a different colour than the traditional yellow construction vehicle. I overlapped many textures to produce a metal that suited the vehicle. I wanted it to appear weathered but also have the impact from the environment it would be placed in. I replicated the decals that I saw on the source vehicle. I made my changes to give it a slight uniqueness in identity.
I was also able to texture my normal mapped wheels. I produced a high poly wheel and baked them down to a simple low poly wheel.
After I produced a base texture for my vehicle and its interior I focused on the details such as text and decals. I feel that it makes the vehicle interesting to look at. Once this stage was complete I started working on the environmental damage that the vehicle would have sustained. I used mainly a brown colour on a hard light layer mode to create brush patches to replicate mud. I did this to the lower of the vehicle such as the tires and the close metal near the wheels as I figured mud would spray up.I also included some scratches where I use a very small eraser to wipe away the base metal texture.
Overall I am satisfied with my vehicle texture and think that it will look best within its soon to be completed diorama. 








No comments:

Post a Comment